In case you were confused, yes, we’re still in a time warp. Yesterday I wrote a post about Sunday. Today I’m writing a post about Monday. Stay with me. It will all be okay.
Let’s get the real life stuff out of the way first so that we can talk about the fun stuff, internet trolls.
Geoff’s scooter is toast. He’s apparently killed another engine, and it will take a couple of weeks and more money than we currently have to fix it. I’m taking deep breaths and trying not to freak out. He’s walking to work and trying not to be depressed.
But last night kids, last night something crazy happened. I received a series of rude comments on the post I wrote yesterday from a total stranger. It ended with her coming onto my blog and calling me a loser. Here are my take aways from this experience, some of which are sarcastic and snarky. That’s how I do things. Get used to it.
1) I wish this blog was monetized because then that lady who didn’t want to give me money would have actually helped me make money by driving up traffic to my site. Theoretical revenge is sweet.
2) In case you were wondering, I wasn’t actually asking people to send me money. I feel like I shouldn’t even have to say this and that the irony was apparent.
3) People make me sad. This person must not have much going on in her life if she chooses to spend her time calling someone as insignificant as me a loser. Is that really what it takes for her to feel good about herself? I fear her education is incomplete.
4) I don’t think that complaining when bad stuff happens in your life is necessarily a bad thing. Just sayin’.
5) I think this is an appropriate time to give a shout out to the working poor. There are a lot of people in this country who went to college and got a degree, but still can’t make enough to live comfortably. That’s a fact. I know plenty of people who are struggling. I’m not alone in this.
6) I suspect a majority of this planet’s population makes less than $20 a day, which is what I allow myself to spend on frivolous things like chai lattes and mascara. Perspective is important.
7) Don’t get into a verbal argument with an English major. You won’t win. This is what we live for.
These are just a few of the utterly random things that have been buzzing through my head since the troll came into my life. Don’t be that person. If you read a blog that you don’t like, just click that lovely red X up there. That’s all you have to do to make it go away.
“A man who has to say “I am the king,” is no king at all.